During winter, your furnace becomes one of the most important components in your home. Because you rely on it to heat your home, it needs to run properly and efficiently. If your furnace hasn’t been tuned-up in a while or professionally maintained throughout the years, you run the risk of wasting energy, harmful emissions, or system failure. If you need heating maintenance, don’t put it off! Here are some signs that you may need furnace maintenance in Florida.
Furnace Maintenance in Pinellas Park
Are you experiencing any of the following issues in your home? If your furnace is showing any major signs of struggle, be sure to call Heatwave for repair:
- Poor heating. Any furnace that blows cold air through your home obviously needs professional attention. If the air is warm or it takes a really long time to heat up a small area, a Heatwave professional will be able to locate the source of the problem.
- Low airflow. Blockages or buildup in your ducts can quickly cause problems for your fan or fan motor. If you notice that there is a weak airflow coming from your bents, call Heatwave.
- Strange noises or smells. Any unusual sounds or odors are a sign that something isn’t quite right. The air coming from your furnace should never smell, and loud bangs or hissing sounds can signal that a piece has detached or broken.
- High utilities. Your furnace may not be showing physical signs of an issue, but any significant rise in utility bills is a sure sign that your furnace is running inefficiently and wasting energy.
No matter what problems you may be experiencing, Heatwave will have your furnace back up and running in no time!
Benefits of Professional Furnace Maintenance
You may check on your furnace from time to time, but any major maintenance is best left to the professionals. Choosing heatwave for repairs and tune-ups helps you:
- Prevent emergency breakdowns
- Save on utilities
- Increase efficiency
- Extend the lifespan of your heating system
- Keep you and your loved ones comfortable and safe
Call Heatwave for Heating Maintenance in Florida
If you need furnace repair in your Pinellas Park home, the experts at Heatwave have you covered. When the temperature drops outdoors, you may not give a second thought to whether or not your furnace is running properly. However, if you haven’t scheduled regular maintenance, your heating system may be experiencing issues without you even knowing it. We offer the following furnace services and the surrounding areas:
- Furnace repair
Don’t wait for your furnace to break down. Call Heatwave to schedule your service today!
In common terms, a heat pump functions as an air conditioner in reverse. They move heat from one space to another by means of a compressor and circulating structure of liquid/gas refrigerant where heat is extracted from outside sources and pumped indoors.
For climates with moderate heating and cooling needs, heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to furnaces and air conditioners. During the winter, heat pumps absorb heat from the outdoors (even in cold weather) and move it into your house. During the summer, they move heat from your house and pushes it outdoors, thus cooling your home down. Because they move heat rather than generate it, heat pumps can provide equivalent space conditioning at as little as one-quarter of the cost of operating conventional heating or cooling appliances.
Despite its sometimes questionable reputation, there are still several advantages to having a heat pump installed in your home today.
Benefits of a Heat Pump
- Low Running Costs: Heat pumps are cheaper to run in comparison to furnaces which run on combustion. An electric heat pump can cost $500/year to run, while an electric furnace will cost upwards of $900.
- Less Maintenance: Heat pumps require far less maintenance in comparison to combustion heating systems. Approximately once a year certain details of the system have to be checked, which could easily be accomplished by yourself. If you are a bit hesitant, consider hiring a professional from Heatwave to check on the system.
- Safety: Heat pumps are far less likely to cause problems than other combustion heating systems. They are not generating their own heat by flame or combustion, lessening the chance of fires or gas leaks.
- Reduced Carbon Emissions: Heat pump systems reduce your carbon emissions and it has an efficient conversion rate of energy to heat. For example, water source models reach reasonably high efficiencies.
- Provide Cooling: During warmer months of the years, heat pumps are able to reverse the flow process. Because of this, they can serve a similar function to an air conditioner. Air to air heat pumps can conveniently be switched to cooling mode during the summers.
- Longevity: The life span of heat pumps is relatively long. In most cases, the average lifespan of a heat pump is somewhere around 14-15 years, while a furnace can burn out around 10 years after installation.
If you need heat pump maintenance, repair, or installation in your home, call Heatwave today!
When cold weather hits, you don’t want to be without heat in your home. As boilers age, they start to show signs of wear and tear. If your boiler is older, or you cannot recall when it was installed, it might be time to upgrade your boiler. The experts at Heatwave Heating & Cooling have compiled a comprehensive list of common warning signs of boiler failure.
8 signs it’s time to upgrade your boiler:
- Age: Boilers typically have a lifespan of about 10-15 years if properly maintained. If your boiler is reaching this age, it is time to start thinking about a replacement before it breaks down entirely. Technology has advanced to make boilers more efficient than ever and the cost to repair an old boiler time and time again will outweigh the costs of a new unit.
- Consistent Breakdowns: Every boiler needs regular maintenance, but if you are calling a technician regularly to fix issues, then it is time to consider replacing your boiler. Think of all the money spent on repairs, callouts, and parts that could go towards a new system.
- Yellow Flame: When your boiler is happy and healthy, the flame inside it will burn a bright blue. If that flame is yellow, it means your boiler is producing the toxic gas carbon monoxide. This gas is odorless and colorless, making it impossible to detect by the human nose. In order to protect your family, it is important to address a yellow flame immediately with a call to your local heating technician at Heatwave.
- Loud Noises: If your boiler or radiators are making loud clunking or hissing noises, it may be time to upgrade your boiler. You may be used to these sounds, but a properly functioning boiler should work without loud bangs coming from your basement.
- Rooms Heat Unevenly: If your boiler is on the fritz, the heating of your home may become unpredictable. If you notice some rooms are hot while others stay cool, it is an indication that the boiler is not running properly. If a repair won’t do the job anymore, it might be time to think of a replacement boiler.
- Energy Bills Increase: If you notice that you’re spending more money each month on heating costs, it might be time to look seriously at your boiler. With age, boilers become less efficient and waste fuel. With new technology, it has become easier than ever to control the energy use and spending of your boiler.
- Leaks: If you notice any water coming out of your boiler then it is time to consider replacing the unit. Leaks cause damage to critical parts of the boiler as well as water damage to wherever your boiler is in the home. Save yourself the frustration of a damaged basement by fixing leaks as soon as they appear. If the repair is too costly, a replacement boiler will be your best course.
- Your Boiler Doesn’t Earn an “A”: Boiler efficiency is rated on a scale of A to G. Boilers with A-ratings are 90% efficient, while those with G-ratings are only 70% efficient. Upgrading your boiler will ensure that it’s running efficiently and saving you money.
Why Choose Heatwave?
We have almost 20 years of experience in the heating industry. All of our technicians are EPA certified and ready to handle any heating issue you throw at them. We strive to perform the best services to our customers quickly and efficiently. We even provide emergency services to give you peace of mind.
Call Heatwave to upgrade your boiler today.